COMET is now implementing The Protective Factors Survey (PFS). This is a 20-item measure in the public domain designed for use with caregivers receiving services such as home visiting, parent education, and family support. It is a pre-post survey completed by the program participants, usually parents or caregivers.
The PFS measures protective factors in five areas:
- Family functioning/resiliency
- Social support
- Concrete support
- Nurturing and attachment
- Knowledge of parenting/child development
The survey results are designed to provide agencies with the following information:
- A snapshot of the families they serve
- Changes in protective factors
- Areas where workers can focus on increasing individual family protective factors
Contact us for more details and/or to get access to this instrument.
Credit: FRIENDS National Resource Center