How will your organization succeed? ... Use data to create more compelling stories and drive decision-making
♦ Communicate your impact
♦ Have meaningful outcome data on programs and activities
♦ Gather, manage, understand, and communicate
♦ Improve probability of academic success
We know that a lot of responsibilities come with caring for children in an out-of-school time setting. With COMET, a complete web-based data management system, you can operate your organization and track all the data you need - related to pick-up/drop-off permissions, programs, staff hours, professional development and more. COMET is reliable and secure to help you maintain strict data confidentiality. With a data collection process in place, take your work further and track outcomes for children in your care with COMET assessment tools. We offer our users an efficient way to screen, monitor and evaluate children served. Included are "instruments" - measurement tools to screen, assess, test and survey - critical to an organization that uses information and evidence to drive decisions.
Out-of-School Time (OST) Organizations
- encompass a variety of programs for children and youth, with supervised activities designed to encourage learning and development outside of the typical school day
- include afterschool programs, programs offered before the school day, and summer learning programs
- may occur on school days and when school is not in session (weekends, holidays, summer breaks ...)
- may serve any age range in a safe, structured and supportive environment
- can be specifically focused such as educational outcomes, psychological well-being and social competence, financial literacy (Junior Achievement or "JA") and many others
- may identify as a “club”, such as Boys & Girls Clubs (BGC) or as a "team" perhaps with a fitness and health focus
- may be offered in school-, faith-, and community-based settings (community-based organizations or CBOs)
Boys & Girls Club (BGC) Specific Functionality
COMET has been adopted by approximately 100 Boys & Girls Club organizations, at over 400 sites, across 28 states!
- NYOI Requirements: As an approved vendor with the National Youth Outcomes Initiative, COMET automatically sends required data to BGCA national.
- Support for Annual Report: Each year, we update reporting to support the latest requirements from BGCA national, streamlining your annual report efforts.
- BGCA Programs: COMET comes pre-loaded with BGCA programs, making it east to set up your offerings and measure results.