Interested in joining a company that works to support the success of children? COMET Informatics is looking for an inventive, results-oriented software engineer. Our current web application development environment leverages C# and is primarily Microsoft-based, including SQL Server.
- Review and contribute to technical and functional specifications (i.e., business requirements, workflow, and system architecture, use case, etc.).
- Design software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following software development lifecycle
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing appropriate documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures; support engineering participation in quality assurance process as necessary
- Work with the development team and meet project delivery dates per project schedules and timelines
- Actively work with the system architect and other developers to design and implement solution features
- Take an active role in process improvements in such areas as user experience, code review and unit testing
- Assist in maintenance activities and ensure customer support and account management issues are addressed
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participate in educational opportunities; read professional publications; maintain personal networks; participate in professional organizations
- Partner with marketing and account management team to allocate resources toward initiatives that support the long-term growth goals of the product line; communicate with all levels of staff
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent) with at least 3-5 years of industry experience as an individual contributor
- Located in or near Rochester, NY
- Relational database knowledge; experience with web development using MS C# and SQL Server a plus
- Experience with user experience, user interface design, project management and mobile application development
- Ability to work independently from conceptual design to system implementation and test
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is a way of life; proven results-oriented person with a delivery focus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High attention to detail, including precise and effective customer communications.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done.
- Experience with a variety of environments / technologies such as:
- Microsoft ASP.NET 4.5+ (C#) or similar web development environment
- Microsoft SQL Server, or similar relational database
- Angular 2+, or other modern JS framework (React.js, Ember.js
- HTML / CSS Principles
- REST API Web Services
- Test Driven Design Principles
- Version Control Software (TFS, Github, etc.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Microsoft .NET Core
- Web API 2.0+
- Angular 5.0+
- Working in Agile/Scrum environment
- Angular CLI / Templating
- Test Frameworks (Jasmine, Karma, PhantomJS, CasperJS, Mocha, JEST, Selenium, etc.
Click here to email your resume for this position: Apply for Software Engineer Position
COMET Informatics LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
The company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.